A Basic Birthday Post: Turning 26
Since you are reading this post, you already know its my birthday! But hold on, am I the only one who wonders how the hell these days run by? Wasn’t it just yesterday I wrote this 25th birthday post? Waoh. Age is truly just a number and a constant reminder of how much time has passes by.
The 25th Year
The 25th year wasn’t one of my favorites. It was one of the harder ones.This is not because of any major event in my life but because of my undying expectations of wanting to get things done. Crossing the milestone last year, I thought I was going to execute my well laid plans, but you know, I didn’t.
It was just like the second I turned 25, all the goals and timestamps I had set for myself were no longer in place or were moving damn too slow.
Pursing a Masters degree is a full time job, constantly putting you on your toes. I cannot tell you how much I really can’t wait to wrap it up.
I spent long days in year 25 with a weight of my aspirations crushing my shoulders. At least, not until I called myself back to the realization that it isn’t anything to worry about.
The good highlight were that I participated in the SLM writing mentorship, got to the finals of two different awesome opportunities, got numerous job interviews I refuse to attend or wasn’t able to attend, joined the LWB community and also participated in a self-esteem building programme. There were other mini events in between but in all, it wasn’t a bad year.
Turning 26; A Basic Birthday
Now look, another year is here already. I am 26 and still not exactly where I want to be, personally and professionally. However, I am still on course, threading the path to making the most of myself until I get to where I want.
I know exactly what to do and what I am doing. I also know that what will be, will be and at God’s own stipulated time. So now, I am simply taking in new ways to become more.
Turning 26 today, I am just going to stick to three things; patience, persistence, and prayer. These will be the watchwords I will be using this year. So help me, God!
Thank you so much for reading this far, and because I have never written a get to know me post before, here are 26 facts about me. Enjoy! And please leave me a prayer. That is the best birthday gift you could ever give me. Now let’s go!
Turning 26: 26 Random Facts About Me
- I do not usually sleep all through the night. I am an insomniac. Can’t remember the last time I had a straight 5-hour sleep and so I work more and productively at midnight.
- I am 26 years old but most people do not believe it, because I look like I am still in my teens. This is simply because of my petite stature. But hey! for the record, I am a 1993 babe! 😁
- I am currently finishing my postgraduate degree in Mass Communication and still hoping to study for more academic and professional courses.
- I am a bookworm. My 2018 book post is an evidence. I live for all kind of books. Half of my life is spend reading books. Most of the time, I read while eating. Its a bad habit, I know, but you will agree with me that eating alone is boring.
- Nothing beats deep quality conversations and gatherings for me. I have great admiration for intellectuals. Brilliant and smart people have an unquentuable space in my heart.
- I am more of a writer than a blogger. This is why my posts are rarely about me and with a straight forward serious tone. Even as a writer, I believe I am still a learner.
- Procastination is currently my biggest weakness. I am never on time. This is because I am always thinking that there’s still time, until there is no longer time for that thing I am supposed to do. No doubt, I will be late to my wedding except it takes place in my father’s compound. Maybe, I will be late to my funeral too.
- I find it very very hard to let go of people. I hate to break relationships. This “how do you close doors” post explains it all.
- Homemade foods over restaurant meals, a thousand times. It’s not like I cook well, but I absolutely prefer to eat my own meals most of the time.
- I love privacy and a quiet space. This is why my favorite places for any form of date, if I am to choose, will always be a natural green environment. I always imagine living close to a forest or nature park, where I can take quiet walks down the path.
- I love everything words, art and creativity; be it words, pictures, carvings,paintings…whatsoever.
- I cannot recognize cars to save my life. I just don’t know. If I am to get a cartoday, colour and shape will probably be my criteria for secting one.
- I have no favourite colour but my family loves blue. So, unconsciously, I have more blue coloured apparels.
- I once called dossier (school report book), a brassiere. I told my parents we were asked to bring it in school. Dad had to follow me to school the next day, because I was hell bent on taking one to school. You can’t blame me though, I was in Nursery 1, didnt know what it meant, and that was what I heard the teacher say!
- I live for traditional meals and soup, but I do love try new things. So, I will eat meals for experiment.
- I like dangerous adventures. I usually go through the road less travelled largely because of my curious nature.
- As a result of the above, I can categorically call myself an excellent researcher. I can help you find out things even in the depth of the internet. Hire me today! 😉
- Many people think they know me well enough like an open book but only very few people actually really know me.
- I am an extroverted-introvert if there exists a word like that. Like I am just in between. Sometimes, I am all talks and sometimes, I am all quiet. This minute, I am bouncing about and planning events, the next minute, I cancel the plan.
- I have written more words in mini papers, jotters, and journals. If combined together, I would have a number of books to my name.
- I deliberately leave my things in certain ways before leaving the house. So, I know if someone enters my room or tampers with my things. Yeah, I know that’s odd.
- I got my first ghostwriting gig in JSS 3. It was a free intellectual service.
- I used to have a phobia for darkness. Now, I thrive in it.
- I absolutely hate Shawarma. You can not convince me. Full stop.
- I am fiercely independent, crave creativity and freedom than stability or security.
- I have a very good circle of friends.
- My phone is my best friend!
Whew! That was a lot of facts! Now you know me some more and in return, please wish me a happy 26th year. Thank you for sticking to Soultitude. I love you all. Muah!! 😘 😘