Life is a journey, and full of uncertainty. Sometimes, everything seems to be in perfect shape, but suddenly, things turn bleak. You can’t figure out the future. You get stuck without knowing what to do.
I mean, you know that you need to make a move, but you don’t know what that move should be. And then, you are suddenly wishing that someone can somehow just tell you what to do.
Sometimes, it is about a goal that you would like to pursue, but you keep procrastinating because you don’t know what to do or even think you should do it.
Is it safe to assume that we have all been there? Maybe not, but one of the hardest thing in life is having no single clue of what to do with your life. It makes you question the very essence of your living and makes you bemoan some wasted opportunities.
However, do not moan your failures for here are some helpful tips on what to do when you dont know what to do.
Helpful Tips On What To Do When You Dont Know What To Do.
- Get More Information: When you don’t know what to do, the first step to understanding that situation is to get more information. Even if it is a personal or business issue, try to find out more about it in order to have a grasp of its solutions. Today, technology has added a boost, such that relative and relevant information are on our screens within a millisecond. So, employ its use to the very best.
- Talk to Someone: I have always been that person who talk to certain people when I am in certain situations. This is because, more often than not, these people give me new perspectives to a bothering issue, or even helpful advice especially, when they have previously been in the same shoe. So, when you face a problem and you don’t know what to do, find a friend or acquaintance who has already been in the hole you’re currently in. Ask them for help; be it for advice, ideas, or places that can get you out of the situation. Riding on other’s back for some lessons, knowledge, and feedback will enable you to see if your thinking makes sense or you got to give it another perspective.
- Go Forth with Positive Affirmations: Let go all thoughts of being a failure. Embrace the positive attitude. Indulge in positive affirmations. Your survival is largely dependent on your attitude. You should choose how you will be, how your day will go, and how you want to be treated by people. When you find yourself not knowing what to do, go forth with a positive and open mind with your eventual decision.
- Escape from your environment : Take a holiday for a couple of days. It could be as long as a month or as short as a day. The most important thing is reliving and rejuvenating yourself. A creative break allows you a me-alone time, to rest and think about your situation in solitude. Go for a walk, take a relaxing bath and listen to the music. Let your thoughts flow without the pressures. You can read all about the other benefits of escaping your environment here.
- Pray: Seek God’s guidance through prayers. Tell Him to lead your way and light your path. Call on Him to give you the wisdom to choose and follow the right path. You cannot live this life like you got no-one. When everything else fails in their own way, the Almighty is right there waiting for you to call on Him.
Now, stop saying you don’t know what to do, because it will only continue to paralyze you and your growth. Instead, try one of the five things listed above.
If you do have a suggestion that worked for you, please don’t hesitate to share in the comment box.